What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Minimize the state trigger

Votes:

We wisht to customize the state trigger for monitoring the remote host via WAN link.

I mean that it will trigger only once it got the status change on the unreliable link (i.e. WAN). For example, how to set the trigger that it will trigger once first time it got the DOWN state, and it will not trigger again within 15 minutes interval in order to avoid the "trigger flooding" to my mailbox. (even the tigger are on and off many time within the period).

minimize state trigger

Created on Aug 25, 2010 2:43:54 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Unless you have defined an escalation notification with the repeat option turned on (to x minutes) for the trigger in case you shouldn't receive more than one notification unless the sensor goes back into an up state and then goes down again.

Created on Aug 25, 2010 9:25:32 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.