What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Fiberhome bridge ONU monitoring / MIB

Votes:

Hi!

In ZABBIX, if I configure a sensor with the following string:

• GEPON-OLT-COMMON-MIB::onuStatus.XXXXXXXX

where "XXXXXXXX" is the ONU id, and issue this commando via SNMP, the equipment answers to me:

• A) the numerical value 1, if the ONU is online

In PRTG, the same commando does not work, and there is no way to get the oidlib (compiled with PRTG MIB COMPILER) to work.

How can I get the same results on PRTG ? I mean, what commands / OID I have to use on PRTG sensor created on device, to monitor ONU (optical network units) online/offline status ?

GEPON-OLT-COMMON-MIB.txt is the fiberhome MIB file, and everything works in that way on zabbix, but in PRTG I can't figure out how to make this work, not even with other set of OID or commands.

Can you help me ?

fiberhome snmp zabbix

Created on Sep 25, 2018 1:26:51 PM

Last change on Sep 26, 2018 7:00:00 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

According to the MIB file, the onustatus can be monitored via the OID

and the status is defined like this (see this link:

Description: 1:offonline/fiber cut/power failure(0) 2:online(1)

Please use our SNMP Tester and perform a walk and a scan OID against the target device from the PRTG server. Which results do you get?

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 26, 2018 11:57:44 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Felix!

I already tried, once, to use certain OID (which I looked into that mib) with the ONU ID at the end of the string, with no luck.

But, with your help, I tried that OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.5875.800.3.10.1.1.11.[ONU_ID] and it worked perfectly.

Many thanks! Evandro

Created on Sep 26, 2018 6:29:46 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.