What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Enterprise Console Crash

Votes:

I have installed EC on a 2008 Terminal Server, administrators can run the EC without issue, however users cant, keeps crashing.

I have adjusted permissions on the PRTG Network folder - no change. I have tried running the program "Run as administrator" - no change.

Problem Event Name: BEX Application Version: 18.3.44.2054 Fault Module Name: log4cpp.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

thanks Andrew

crash enterprise-console sensor

Created on Sep 27, 2018 1:58:06 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Andrew,

yes, this is a bug in the current version. We plan to fix it, but there is no release date yet.

As alternative, you can try our new desktop application which at some point in the future will replace the Enterprise Console. It is not yet feature-complete, but many parts are already a lot faster rendered than in the EC.

Created on Sep 27, 2018 10:57:32 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.