What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

MIB importer parse error

Votes:

I am trying to import a MIB from an equipment manufacturer but the importer tool reports an error (::= expected).

The syntax looks right to me but it clearly isn't..

The "::=" error occurs at the "EddystoneBroadcast" OBJECT-IDENTITY line below:-

IMPORTS
    MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE, NOTIFICATION-TYPE,
    Integer32, Unsigned32, Gauge32, TimeTicks
        FROM SNMPv2-SMI
    DisplayString, TruthValue, DateAndTime
        FROM SNMPv2-TC
    idl
        FROM IDL-SMI;

EddystoneBroadcast OBJECT-IDENTITY
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Eddystone Broadcast Ltd."
    ::= { idl 3 }

How can I get the importer to load the file?

mib mib-importer prtg

Created on Sep 27, 2018 9:51:58 AM

Last change on Sep 27, 2018 9:59:37 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hey edrixon,

Please share the download link for the MIB file in question with us so we can have a closer look to the issue.

Thank you and best regards,
Sven

Created on Sep 27, 2018 10:07:39 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Further to this, I have tried the same MIB file with the iReasoning MIB browser and that loads the file successfully. With that tool, I can do an SNMP walk through the Eddystone OIDs...

Created on Sep 28, 2018 3:10:11 PM

Votes:

Hey edrixon.

as you can see in the MIB validator the MIB file EDDYSTONE-E2023-MIB.mib contains several syntax errors which makes it impossible for the MIB-Importer to successfully complete the import. So, please contact the vendor and ask for a fixed version of this MIB file without syntax errors.

Also, there a re some minor errors in the IDL-SMI.mib file. So, please ask for a fixed version of this MIB file as well. Once you have the new files which have RFC-conform syntax, the import should succeed.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Oct 1, 2018 4:43:04 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.