What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PE009 process not found but the process runs?

Votes:

Hello,

I am currently having difficulties using the wmi process sensor. I have a few processes in which I want to monitor their bandwith usage however it gives me error code pe009 even though WMI can connect through the user and using wmitest from the server to the target machine queries just fine. I've even used a process with a very simple name in case I somehow misspelled the original process i wanted to test with.

process prtg wmi

Created on Sep 28, 2018 9:36:27 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Did you make sure to enter the name of the process without file extension, e.g. instead of 'chrome.exe' just 'chrome'?

If so, please verify with our WMI Tester. On Tab "Basic" configure the target device and credentials, on tab "Advanced" select option "Custom" and use this query: SELECT ThreadCount, HandleCount, PrivateBytes ,WorkingSet, PercentProcessorTime, PageFaultsPerSec ,Timestamp_Sys100NS, IDProcess FROM Win32_PerfRawData_PerfProc_Process WHERE Name LIKE 'chrome' (Replace chrome at the end with the name of the process you'd like to monitor)

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 1, 2018 10:51:28 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Erhard,

Thanks for the reply. yes i did make sure the process in question is names without the extension. I haven't queried any process in particular but i did give the wmitester a simple "run and list" test and it did yield back a listing with every process. Last time I checked every process listed by the wmitester just threw the "process no found" in PRTG.

Currently I fixed the problem by simply installing a remote probe on the target pc and using that the run the process monitor and send info back to the prtg server, however after concluding my testing and getting favorable result on the info process monitor my workaround will require around 20 remote probes installed which I have no idea how the server will react or if I can even install so many with the free PRTG limitations. We have a very small network, 100 sensors are more than enough but currently I don't know if I have unlimited remote probe installations or not.

Will come back with results and logs to your idea in a day or 2 time.

Created on Oct 3, 2018 2:02:51 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.