What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I display a value from a sensor in a map as text?

Votes:

I want to use the disk free sensor to display the information on a map in various ways. I have done a graph and it runs fine. I also want to just display it as a large number, but I can not work out how to get the data into a text field! I presume I use custom HTML element, and then put it in a span or something I can style, but how do I actually get the data to to show and update?

I would also like to be able to show this as a pie chart, but as far as I can tell there are none? Is there any type that can show the current disk free in a way it is easy to see if it is filling up?

custom-html disk-free prtg

Created on Oct 5, 2018 6:31:59 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

You can either add some Custom CSS to the "styles_custom_v2.css" on the Core Server under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\css\" to alter any of the "Status Icons"-Texts or you add one of the "Status Icons" to the Map and add a style block to the "HTML-Before"-field of the object:

<style>/** YOUR CSS HERE **/<style>

You can also find all original objects under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapobjects" which you can alter or duplicate and alter.

Best regards.

Created on Oct 8, 2018 11:59:25 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.