What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Suggestion - Dynamic Primary Channel

Votes:

Hello, Could I make a suggestion please?

What I'd like to see is an option for a dynamic primary channel on a sensor. Let me explain, I am using a Custom Advanced SNMP sensor to monitor toner levels in our copiers and I'd be great if I could chose the lowest, or highest, returned value as the primary channel. This would allow me to see, at a glance, the status our entire copier estate and have replacements prepared rather than waiting for alerts to be triggered.

I am sure there would be other use cases for such an option.

Thanks Campbell

channel sensor suggestion

Created on Oct 5, 2018 10:28:55 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, that is not possible and there are currently no plans to implement such a function. The reason is that the request rate for such a feature is rather low which is why we won't invest our development time into such a function.

Best regards.

Created on Oct 8, 2018 12:19:53 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.