What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Attaching a remote probe to a new core and carrying over its devices

Votes:

Hi Paessler.

I have cause to move our entire telecoms group from PRTG 1 to PRTG 2. This is a fairly hefty group with many child groups and around 450 devices.

Can you let me know of the process to migrate this probe from one core to another and carry over the configuration and structure of the groups/devices.

Kindest Samuel

core-server migration remote-probe

Created on Oct 5, 2018 11:54:58 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Samuel,

What exactly is PRTG1 and PRTG2?

I'm afraid to tell you that it's not possible to migrate a specific object to an existing instance of PRTG.

However, If you want to create a new instance with only this group, you could use our migrate guide to copy the instance over to the server and delete all unwanted sensors. After setting up a remote probe you can also move this group onto the remote probe.

Here are the basic steps, I linked guides for each topic:

1. Migrate the instance to the new server
  2. Delete all unwanted sensors
  3. Setup a new Remote Probe
  4. Move the group over to the Probe in the Management tab

Please let me know if that worked.

Kind regards

Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Oct 9, 2018 6:35:57 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 9, 2018 6:37:26 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.