What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sar and prtg data mismatch

Votes:

Dear All,

I have been using PRTG (Version 13.1.2) for monitoring my Linux Servers (Oracle Linux 6.4) which is working fine. However, I can see that there is a lot of differences in the data reported by the Linux 'sar' tool and the PRTG report using net-snmp. Escpecially for the cpu load sensor.

Is there any limitations on using this sensor, also I couldn't compare it with the ssh sensors as there are no available sensor for cpu.

Kindly help!

Regards, Ritesh

cpu-load linux linux-os net-snmp sar

Created on Oct 6, 2018 10:09:15 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Ritesh,

the SNMP demon might return different values. For example, CPU load via SNMP usually returns averages of a minute. If you want, you could write your sar-based sensor using SSH for remote access and integrate it with the SSH script advanced interface.

Created on Oct 8, 2018 12:29:34 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.