What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Installation stuck on 'Initializing Licence'

Votes:

Hello, I am trying to install PRTG on new server, but I am stuck on screen with "Initializing Licence". What can be the reason for this? Should I allow some specific port?

installation license prtg

Created on Oct 8, 2018 7:38:20 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hey Jiri,

please ensure that your Core Server is able to reach the servers here.

Alternatively, you can perform an offline activation under https://shop.paessler.com/service/licenseactivation/ once the installer is responsive again.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Oct 8, 2018 7:44:59 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Oct 8, 2018 7:46:41 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Thanks for reply. Is it possible to install PRTG on computer without internet access?

Created on Oct 10, 2018 8:25:58 AM

Votes:

Hey Jiri,

yes, this is also possible as mentioned in my previous reply. For such systems, you need to perform an offline activation under https://shop.paessler.com/service/licenseactivation/

Also, you need to manually update your instance as the auto-update does - of course - not work here. To get the latest installer, you can download the software from our Paessler Service Center using your registered email and password.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Oct 10, 2018 8:44:50 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

I'm sorry, but I don't see any help in that link. There are some words about manual activation, but I cannot even install PRTG, because I'm stuck on 'Initializing Licence' screen

Created on Oct 10, 2018 11:26:29 AM

Votes:

Hey Jiri,

The installer becomes unresponsive if it cannot reach our license server. However, after 5-10 minutes, it should continue and complete the installation. Once this is done, you can perform the manual activation.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Oct 10, 2018 11:33:07 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Oh, thanks for help!

Created on Oct 12, 2018 6:43:20 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.