What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP Full Web Page Sensor failed to open Sharepoint page.

Votes:

Hello! I'm trying to use "HTTP Full Web Page" sensor to monitor local Sharepoint portal main page but come across with following error:

• 1) If i use setting: Internet Explorer + Use Windows credentials of parent device (entered) = 401
  • 2) if i use setting: Chromium (recommended) + Use Windows credentials of parent device = Sensor timeout reached.

If i use Use security context of probe service (default) in both cases i have the same result. So, i conclude that sensor can't access to local portal with requested login and password?

Is there any special requirements for this sensor to authenticate to IIS?

http prtg sensor

Created on Oct 8, 2018 11:51:35 AM

Last change on Oct 11, 2018 7:46:35 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

I found more strange behavior! If my session on terminal server (with Probe) is active, Sensor works perfectly, BUT, from moment i make a Logoff from terminal server this Sensor immediately goes to Down state! Why???????

Created on Oct 9, 2018 8:32:26 AM

Votes:

Hi Vasiliy,

For further analysis we please need some more information about your current situation, please forward us the following by email to [email protected]:
- Screenshot of the sensor's "Overview" tab
- Screenshot of the sensor's "Log" tab
- Screenshot of the sensor's "Settings" tab

Please refer to the ticket "PAE1100838" in the e-mail subject.

Thank you!

Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Oct 9, 2018 11:07:37 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Done

Created on Oct 9, 2018 11:28:48 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.