What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can an EXE/Script Advanced be executed as a remote server

Votes:

Hi I have compiled a power shell script to check a website status. The website that I want to check is white listing the remote server but the PRTG server in not and it`s given me this error unable to connect to the remote server. There is a way how to run the script that is located on the PRTG server to be run on the remote server that is white listed?

exe-script-advanced-sensor powershell remote-probe

Created on Oct 10, 2018 10:34:01 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Mario,

The only way to accomplish this would be to install a Remote Probe on the white listed server.

Once you install the remote probe on this server, you can add this same sensor to the remote probe, and it will execute from the white listed remote probe.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Oct 10, 2018 12:15:07 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.