What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can you display individual channels of sensor on a map

Votes:

I have created a SQLv2 sensor with 10 channels showing differing information from the database. What I'd like to do now is show the data from 1 or 2 of those channels on a map in separate objects.

When I add sensors to the map it picks the primary channel to display. I'd like to be able to change that to pick a different channel. I can see that I could show this is in a table or graph format but that shows all channels and not just the ones I'm interested in showing. I don't want to disable the channels because I'd still like to see the data via other means but just not on my map.

I could create additional sensors for the channels I'm interested in but this causes a two-fold problem in that it would create additional load on the database when the SQL is run (3 queries now rather than 1) and also it eats into my sensor allocation.

Is there a way of displaying the data from a specific channel or is the only way to create additional sensors?

channel maps sqlv2

Created on Oct 12, 2018 3:05:33 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

Unfortunately this is not possible, but you could create a Factory Sensor with the corresponding channels here.

Please let us know if that fits your requirements.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 16, 2018 12:42:31 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.