What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

duplicate sensors is seen after Auto Discovery

Votes:

Hi

for some reasons I created all my network Devices Manually to Prtg and sensor creation is done Manually too.Now All my Devices is added to Prtg and I want to use Prtg Auto Discovery to bring me the changes automaticaaly.Unfortunatly when the Auto discovery is run it adds a lot of duplicate sensors.for example two uptime sensor two cpu load and etc. Please let me know how I can fix this Problem?

Thanks

auto-discovery manual-discovery prtg

Created on Oct 14, 2018 8:40:43 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello Sara,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Do I understand you correctly, that for instance an uptime sensor is created on the very same device that already has one uptime sensor? Are both sensors the same sensor type or is it the 'Windows System Uptime' and the 'SNMP System Uptime' sensor?

Thank you very much in advance.
Sebastian

Created on Oct 15, 2018 12:34:22 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Sebastian

consider I have a 3750 Cisco switch.I added SNMP Traffic sensors Manually a month ago. Now when I Run Generic Auto Discovery on thids device I see two sensors for a sample interface like " (10111) --- G1/0/11 STD-R1 --- Traffic" One sensor has been created before by manually adding sensor and the second one appears after Auto Discovery? Is it a normal behavior?

Created on Oct 17, 2018 10:47:07 AM

Votes:

Please see the below screenshot.half of sensors has been created manually and another half (repeated sensors!) http://oi63.tinypic.com/s5eidw.jpg

How I can overcome for this problem?

Created on Oct 17, 2018 7:12:13 PM

Votes:

Hello Sara,

Thank you very much for your response.

I can see that your PRTG version is at least nine month old because it still runs the version without the Facelift. What version are you using in particular?

Thank you very much in advance.
Sebastian

Created on Oct 17, 2018 7:32:23 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.