What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Single sensor data text box for network map

Votes:

I'm using what I've built in Network Weathermap as the basis for this question. I'm looking to design a similar map to what's been done, specifically have current bandwidth for a link between devices displayed within a simple, transparent box; no labels, no other information other than the data from the sensor I want to look at. I would use this for other things, such as overlaying CPU or other health data on top of the icon representing the device in question as embedding this information makes the links displayed cleaner as they don't need to intersect other data.

I've seen several guides about modifying the existing htm files, but nothing really toward accomplishing this.

Other links in old KB articles that were supposedly a repository of templates or other modifications has disappeared.

Would anyone have a specific file to accomplish the above, or have a better link to said repository, if it even still exists?

TIA

custom-map maps maps-editor

Created on Oct 17, 2018 1:31:10 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Your desired outcome is very hard to achieve with just HTML and CSS. Please note that most of your described desires need access to PRTGs backend in order to retrieve the data and even then I am not sure if that is technically doable. Therefore I am afraid you need to figure a way out to achieve this. Or you use an external tool to create a dashboard with the use of PRTGs API.

Best regards.

Created on Oct 18, 2018 6:47:05 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.