What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I define a filter for Userloggedin sensor ? Syntax of filter parameters ?

Votes:

We have a map using the UserLoggedIn Sensor to check who is connected to our Citrix HDX workstations. When we now start to use Windows 10 workstations the sensor recognizes a hidden system account DWM-1 (apparently used for the Windows Desktop Manager service) and therefore the status for the sensor is "in use" although anybody is actuallly logged in. I found the hint, that UserLoggedIn.exe supports the parameter -f=filter. But I didn't find detailed descriptions about the syntax of the filter parameters.

My wish would be: Ignore all users like DWM-# but tell me the username of all other users.

Can you please give me a hint how to define the filter ?

Thanks a lot in advance

filter sensor syntax userloggedin

Created on Oct 18, 2018 7:12:22 AM

Last change on Oct 19, 2018 1:49:42 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

To filter out all DMW users you can add

-nodwm

to the parameter section, this will exclude all DWM-xxx users

Created on Oct 19, 2018 1:43:43 PM

Last change on Oct 22, 2018 4:39:30 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello winters,

Thank you very much for your contact.

The corresponding parameter to filter the default DWM users would be:
-c=computername -fx -f=DWM-1 Please adjust computername accordingly.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 18, 2018 1:34:05 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

To filter out all DMW users you can add

-nodwm

to the parameter section, this will exclude all DWM-xxx users

Created on Oct 19, 2018 1:43:43 PM

Last change on Oct 22, 2018 4:39:30 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.