What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

DL380 G10 HP System State: degraded but no error

Votes:

Hello all,

I own a HP DL380 G10 server. I managed to get the HP System Health Monitor working using iLO 5 (Agentless via Windows SNMP Service and from iLO5 directly) and it shows the correct state of the hardware.

But for some weird reason, it shows up a warning as "degraded" even though there is no error in iLO system health itself. Yes, I know that in the past the Integrated Management logs would cause such a behaviour when old warnings or errors were left in the log, so I deleted them: iLO Event Log and Integrated Management Log are empty.

There are two possible cause: 1) In iLO in System information the Power Status shows up a warning as "not Redundant". This is correct. Could this cause the state to fail?

2) In PRTG I see that Processor fan has the state "Other" and is not pointing to the green space of it's sensor. Two others have "undefindes Lookup-Value" Aswell, but end up pointing to green and stating they are OK. Thermischer Zustand 1 OK Undefinierter Lookup-Wert (0) OK Zustand Prozessorlüfter 3 Other Undefinierter Lookup-Wert (0) Other Zustand Systemlüfter 2 OK Undefinierter Lookup-Wert (0) OK

Am I having a sensor issue? Is PRTG configured the wrong way? Can I define an exception for Power Status?

Can someone help me please?

I updated PRTG to the latest version.

Can I set this up as exception so Over Sys

hp proliant prtg system-health

Created on Oct 18, 2018 11:10:33 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

I think the best is to continue with a support ticket.

For further analysis we please need some more information about your current situation, please forward us the following by mail to [email protected]:
- Screenshot of the sensor's "Overview" tab
- Screenshot of the sensor's "Log" tab
- Screenshot of the sensor's "Settings" tab

Please refer to the ticket "PAE1105347" within your mail.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Oct 19, 2018 10:52:23 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.