What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Customize report: Total Line missing

Votes:

Hello there,

the prepared Report "Sensorlist" is very useful to report ping availibilty. but a total line with "xx,x % available" overall is missing.

how could i manage? excel export from pdf is not good, even not in adobe acrobat than nitro pdf.... the columns do not match....

can anybody help, please?

thanks a lot

custom-report modify-templates sensors

Created on Oct 18, 2018 11:49:39 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Sbr,

I'm afraid to tell you that it's not possible to further process data like the percentage of availability, within the report.

You could however try to use a different template for the report. There are templates that offer optional data tables and also data files besides the graphs.

For every report template you can see if there are "Data Files available" in the title of the report. For these particular reports you are able to configure also a data export as CSV or XML. These files will then be stored in PRTG's datafolder in the subfolder "\Report PDFs".

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Oct 23, 2018 8:38:36 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hello, thank you.

what's the most prefered way to get an overall-availibility in % (from ping) for all systems?

thanks again.

Created on Oct 23, 2018 9:00:21 AM

Votes:

Hi Sbr,

I'm afraid there is no built in report to do this.

There is however another way with the help of a custom script and an EXE/Script Sensor. Please find more information here.

In order to only select the ping sensors, add "&filter_tags=pingsensor" to the initial API query.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Oct 24, 2018 12:32:11 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.