What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sophos Central Admin alerts

Votes:

Hello,

I need to take the data from the Sophos Central Admin web interface. According to Sophos, the procedure indicated on this page must be followed: https://github.com/sophos/Sophos-Central-SIEM-Integration The problem is that I cannot modify the script correctly or finish the configuration to add the new sensor.

Thank you

Regards, Mariano

advanced-script-sensor custom-script-exe exe-script-advanced-sensor python-script-advanced-sensor scripts siem sophos

Created on Oct 19, 2018 4:25:43 PM

Last change on Oct 23, 2018 11:10:31 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

8 Replies

Votes:

Hello Mariano,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please explain in more details, what issues are you experiencing when creating a script sensor?

Created on Oct 23, 2018 11:35:19 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Isidora, Thanks for the answer, the problem is not how to create the script, you do not have to select the options, according to what Sophos indicates in the mentioned link. Sophos Central Admin is a web interface for the administration of the computers that have the antivirus installed, both server and endpoint.

regards

Created on Oct 23, 2018 12:26:41 PM

Votes:

Hi Mariano,

Could you please elaborate in more details what exactly do you want to monitor?

What exactly have you done so far? And where are you stuck?

Created on Oct 23, 2018 1:30:53 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I was trying to create a sensor of Python Script Advanced Sensor, I added this sensor in the equipment where the PRTG is installed, when wanting to configure it I found that I do not know which options to select. I understand that the script file must be saved in the \ Custom Sensors \ python folder. About the sensor configuration I do not understand how to complete the following: parent tags, tags, security context, device credentials, additional parameters, mutex name, etc. That's why I need some help.

Sophos Central is a web-hosted solution which offers protection for users across all their devices and for servers and is the tool that lets administrators manage protection, enforce policies, take action against threats, and generate reports.

Thank you

Regards

Created on Oct 23, 2018 3:50:22 PM

Last change on Oct 24, 2018 8:39:05 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Mariano,

Thank you for the clarification.

Please note that you don't need to fill in all settings within the Python Script Advanced Sensor, as not all of them are relevant for the sensor operations.

For example, you can leave the fields "Parent Tags" and "Tags" as they are.

By default, the sensor uses security context of probe service (Windows system user account).

Under "Device Credentials" you can define if you want to transmit device credentials to the Python script (e.g. if Windows or Linux or SNMP credentials are needed).

"Additional parameters" depend on the script; if they are not needed, you can leave this field empty.

You can also leave the field "Mutex Name" empty.

So, the only crucial parameter in the sensor settings is the python script. Please make sure the script is stored under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\python" on the PRTG Probe.

For detailed information about all parameters and settings of this sensor, please see this page: Python Script Advanced Sensor

Best regards

Created on Oct 24, 2018 1:14:28 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Isidora

I understand what you explain to me, could you help me in how to configure the python script? according to what Sophos indicates in the link of my initial post. Thank you very much for your help regards

Created on Oct 26, 2018 2:14:26 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we can't really do that. I suspect that you must build something around the script to give out for PRTG readable and understandable output. The output that is generated by the script itself is most likely not according to PRTGs syntax. You can find the correct syntax in your webinterface under "Setup > PRTG API > Custom Sensors".

Best regards.

Created on Oct 29, 2018 9:13:21 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

ok, Thanks very much, i will try to do it

Regards

Created on Oct 29, 2018 5:38:35 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.