What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Audio Alarm from Maps

Votes:

Hello!

I have a task: create a map from different elements, place this map on big screen, and when one element (from the map) will change his state to Down an audio file must play to draw attention of all gpoup of peoples.

How can i do this? Can i connect Audio files to Maps? Or i need to Connect audio file to Every Sensor of Device?

audio custom-maps prtg

Created on Oct 23, 2018 12:09:45 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Assuming you structured the sensors in PRTG - you could do this per notifications..

https://www.it-admins.com/using-powershell-for-text-to-speech/

See the link above - we use this in several locations - the SysAdmins get alerts about anything under servers - the helpdesk for under helpdesk relevant groups etc...

We have MAPs specific to those people as well..

But it is not the MAP that is talking, it is due to PRTG notifications.

In theory there might be a chance to do this with TAGs a bit more specific...

Or you engage the API that PRTG provides.

Hope it helps you at least a little bit...

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Oct 23, 2018 9:41:17 PM

Votes:

Florian's remarks are very useful. One other thing worth mentioning is that if you run the Enterprise Console on the same machine that will be showing the map, you can have that program play an audible alert. Go to File -> Options, and there is an option for Alerting for New Alarms. Here you can select a WAV file to be played.

The same can also be accomplished with our new PRTG Desktop client application. Go to File -> Settings, and in the Notifications section you have an option to play an alert for Errors, Warnings, and when errors clear.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Oct 24, 2018 3:20:19 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.