What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IPMI System Health with Datto Siris 3

Votes:

I recently did an auto discovery on a Datto Siris 3 Business appliance and it added IPMI System Health sensors for Fan, Power Supply, Temperature and Voltage. The voltage seemed to be in the expected range, but the others are causing warnings/errors. Here's what I have:

Fan:

• CPU0_FAN Values 3000-8200 RPM. Low Warning 800 RPM. Low Error 600 RPM.
  • SYS_FAN1 Values 600-1400 RPM. Low Warning 800 RPM. Low Error 600 RPM.

Power Supply Sensor is reporting -1, which based on the standard lookup is Unknown for PSU1. I've disabled alerting based on value lookups and set warning limits for -.5 and -1.5. I don't see how to have it actually alert on change (doesn't seem to be an option for this sensor type).

Temperature:

• CPU0_TEMP Values 60-92. Upper Error 102, Upper Warning 99, Lower Warning 5, Lower Error 0.
  • MB_TEMP1 Values 64-67. Upper Error 60, Upper Warning 55, Lower Warning 5, Lower Error 0.

I'm going to adjust the ranges accordingly as I believe everything is working fine. I've also reached out to Datto to see if they can provide appropriate ranges for alerts, but wanted to document this here for anyone else that may be seeing the same things. Also, since this is a beta sensor, I thought I could give some feedback.

datto ipmi ipmi-sensor ipmi-system-health

Created on Oct 25, 2018 6:48:03 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Schester,

Thanks for the info!!

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Oct 25, 2018 11:20:17 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.