What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible that a sensor will turn on the status alert or down after a certain time?

Votes:

I would like to monitor with the prtg the firmware of firewalls (FortiGates). This is also possible with an SNMP custom string, which gives me the version as a message back. However, I would now like that if the message / firmware has not changed after 90 days the sensor falls on alert and after 180 days on Down state. Is that possible?

snmp snmp-custom-sensor snmp-sensor

Created on Oct 27, 2018 10:34:43 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Buepa,

In order to set Limits on values, the values must be reported in a sensor channel. Then you would be able to define Limits for the respected time frames in the channels settings.

However, when the days are only reported as sensor message, there is no way to implement this I'm afraid.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Oct 29, 2018 12:40:08 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.