What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Montior Remote NDIS (Tethered Device)

Votes:

My PC currently has 1 NIC to connect to my internal network which PRTG was able to monitor right from the start, then i wanted to tether my PC to my phone via USB cable for my internet access.

How can i create a probe/sensor for my tethered device "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device #2"

internetsharingdevice remote-ndis tethered

Created on Oct 30, 2018 6:43:45 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

I'm not sure what you want to monitor in detail here. Maybe it helps to take a look a the manual for Mobile Probe for Android Devices.

With a PRTG mobile probe installed on a tablet or smartphone you can, for example, get information about connection times from your device to an email server, wireless LAN (WiFi) coverage, or environmental data.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 31, 2018 9:56:59 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.