What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map refresh interval.

Votes:

Hello!

I created map with network infrastructure and open it (by link) on big screen for network support group. I set refresh interval to 10s (in map right lower corner). All worked fine but after some time map start to refresh every 30 seconds automatically. How i can set it to 10s interval permanently?

maps prtg refresh

Created on Nov 1, 2018 9:53:38 AM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Vasiliy,

Please have look at this post: Changing/Setting Maps default refresh time

Does that help?

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Nov 1, 2018 1:02:39 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I think yes. Thank you.

Created on Nov 1, 2018 1:25:21 PM

Votes:

Great! :) You're welcome!

Created on Nov 1, 2018 6:38:27 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We have such a NOC TV running as well - actually we have several.

Another thing that bugged us was:

• we wanted rotating maps
  • maps by now even come from independent PRTG solutions (we have some proof of concept running with such a system)
  • we didn't want to see loading data... - instead we used a company logo and fade it out while the map is loading in the background
  • we added some additional content
  • we wanted to determine on our own how long a map is shown and when the next one loads
  • we wanted to be able to use a keyboard near the TV and actually jump back and forward through those maps that circle

Did a write-up on this here: https://www.it-admins.com/auto-cycle-through-urls/

Might be interesting for you as well...

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Nov 1, 2018 10:04:54 PM

Votes:

Thank you guys! I just have many new ideas! )))

Created on Nov 2, 2018 9:41:27 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.