What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Audit logs of system changes per user?

Votes:

Good morning Paessler!

I have, against my will, been made to give our night shift team full RW to our PRTG infrastructure. I was wondering if you could advise on a way to extract a log of the activity per user over a certain time period. Or indeed just the logs of that users webserver activity?

Thanks! Samuel

audit logs user-rights

Created on Nov 7, 2018 7:41:16 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Samuel,

PRTG has several options here. The raw web server access log is available in the folder "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs\webserver"

A more readible log can be opened via the PRTG main menu Logs / Object History. It show the actions from all users, but you can still use this log to check what has been done.

Created on Nov 7, 2018 2:32:08 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.