What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Group remote probes

Votes:

Hi,

Is it possible to group all my remote probes? I can see it is not possible to create groups of the root.

The reason why i want to group my remote probes is: I've got around 50 remote probes and i want to set the scanning interval of all the remote probes.

Is there a way to do that at once instead of setting the scanning interval on 50 probes manually?

Best regards, Frank Andersen

prtg remote-probe scanning-interval

Created on Aug 27, 2010 6:31:06 AM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Grouping probes isn't possible but you can define a scanning interval for Root and have this interval be inherited by the probes.

Created on Aug 27, 2010 12:40:03 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi there,

same problem here. Since many many people are asking for it, why don't you give in? In our organization we want to use PRTG to monito production equipment. Since there is quite a lot, and you don't want all monitoring to go down because of one probe server, multiple servers share the load and monitor certain sections. In my test installation this looked very untidy.

Best Regards

Heinz

Created on Feb 2, 2012 3:44:28 AM

Votes:

Hallo,

did you already take a look at the Libraries in PRTG ?

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg9/libraries.htm

Created on Feb 2, 2012 1:19:15 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This would be useful to us also.

Created on Jan 17, 2013 7:55:47 PM

Votes:

Yes, that would be great feature. Need to group remote probes in more logical groups. Thanks!

Created on Mar 26, 2019 2:10:35 PM

Votes:

Yes, that would be great feature. There is de need to group remote probes in one or more logical groups

Created on Feb 12, 2020 1:30:24 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.