What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring Synology NAS' Free Disk Space in PRTG

Votes:

I am trying to monitor free disk space for our Synology NAS through PRTG. I have downloaded and imported the MIBs, but do not see anything related to disk space in any of the MIBs. Instead, I just see things like temperature and uptime. Is there something I am looking in the MIBs to be able to monitor free disk space? I tried using PRTG's SNMP disk free sensor and the Synology physical disk sensor (as well as logical, just to test), but the SNMP one was not reporting accurate numbers and the Synology PRTG ones didn't help either.

I have tried both SNMPv3 and SNMPv2 to see if more accurate numbers would be shown. No difference was made between the two. Has anyone gotten their's to work? If so, how were you able to get it to work?

prtg snmp synology

Created on Nov 9, 2018 7:01:30 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Simply use the SNMP Disk Free Sensor, see also here.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Nov 9, 2018 7:37:51 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I tried using PRTG's SNMP disk free sensor and the Synology physical disk sensor (as well as logical, just to test), but the SNMP one was not reporting accurate numbers and the Synology PRTG ones didn't help either.

Created on Nov 9, 2018 7:38:47 PM

Votes:

Hello techstation,

In this case I would recommend to send us an email ([email protected]) with screenshots from the disk free sensor (tabs "Overview" and "Settings") and from the Synology's user interface or whatever else that shows that the numbers don't match.

Thank you & kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Nov 9, 2018 7:46:33 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.