What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to set object access rights from the API?

Votes:

Is it possible from the API, to modify the access rights of a user on an object?, I try with /api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=[id_of_object]&name=accessrights_[id_of_user]&value=[-1,100,200,400], but even though it answers OK, it has no effect.

Note: the object is not inheriting this information.

accessrights api http

Created on Nov 13, 2018 3:54:04 PM

Last change on Nov 14, 2018 6:09:11 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi alaurent,

Please see this thread for more information

Regards,

lordmilko

Created on Nov 14, 2018 6:00:27 AM

Votes:

Thank you.

Now I wonder, is it possible to call / execute a PowerShell script from the API?

Created on Nov 14, 2018 4:01:12 PM

Votes:

Hello Laurent,
thank you for your reply/follow-up.

Not sure I'm following. Can you elaborate? How/why exactly would you do this? What's the use case?

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 16, 2018 11:28:32 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello Luciano, we are developing a control panel that integrates several systems, including one PRTG. Under certain conditions, we need an operator to activate an emergency button, which, among other things, would need to make changes to the access rights of some of the PRTG objets. Therefore, we ask ourselves if it is possible to modify the access parameters from the API.

Created on Dec 6, 2018 3:04:54 PM

Votes:

Hi Laurent,

I'm afraid there is no integrated option to modify the access parameters with PRTG's built in API. You can however use lordmilko's API to do so.

Please find more information here.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Dec 7, 2018 11:05:28 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.