What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Prtg maps

Votes:

Hello

I'm looking for a solution in prtg maps to define conditions for a device to change its color based on other devices sensor status.(in other words I want one of my devices status be dependent to other device status.) For example I have a main office(HQ) and twenty branches in different locations.I want to connect all my branch devices to my main office device.then if one of our branches went down(was not pingable) my Main office device change to Red Color with Error.Is it possible?

Thanks

dependency maps prtg

Created on Nov 14, 2018 11:32:10 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Sara,

You can deploy a Business Process Sensor. This allows you to define how many sensors of a certain condition should change the status of the Business Process Sensor. The device can be a dummy device in PRTG pointing to the localhost address.

If you then for instance choose one sensor for each remote site, you can use this sensor on your dashboard with any existing status object of the map editor.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 15, 2018 1:02:37 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your quick reply Felix I will check and inform

Regards, Sa zhd

Created on Nov 18, 2018 12:09:49 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.