What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Service Provider reporting

Votes:

Hi All,

We have a set up where we have many probes. Each probe is a different customer as we are a service provider.

We would like some way to output a report of usuage in terms of how many devices under each probe and also how many sensors.

A report to CSV or to the billing tool would be ideal.

Has anyone had a luck doing this with the API.

api probe sensors

Created on Nov 20, 2018 11:58:06 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Danny,

regarding the API, you can do this:

• Generate a list of devices per probe
/api/table.csv?id=1content=devices&columns=objid,name,host,status,message,comments&count=*

id=1 refers to the local probe. Use the according IDs for other probes.

• Now iterate over each objid for each device to query its sensors:
/api/table.csv?id=40&content=sensors&columns=objid,device=text,sensor=htmllong,status,message,lastvalue,comments&count=*

id=40 points to the probe device of the local probe. If you use IDs for other devices, you get the respective sensors.

The raw output included in the CSV can be omitted with adding the parameter &noraw=1 however some properties, like messages, are available only in the raw version of the property.

Created on Nov 20, 2018 9:09:07 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Arne,

This is great thank you. The second command gives me what i'm after .

I might have to create a database to query the data into a nicer form and to calculate automatically.

I have see the billing too but i am totally baffled by the scripts haha.

Is there plans for any sort of service provider portal to do such tasks in he future.

Thanks

Created on Nov 21, 2018 11:29:34 AM

Votes:

Hi Danny,

Currently there are no plans for such a portal.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Nov 21, 2018 2:43:16 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.