What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification templates Need Advice

Votes:

1)i want to receive from prtg first down and up message from all devices for example(device 01 device 02 device 03)and so on. 2)FOR EXAMPLE :during 60 minutes i dont want to get same devices notifications,maybe they died or reviving to many times. ((device 01 device 02 device 03) but get message if other device turn off example (device 04 ;device 05)

when i choose notification template : Send first DOWN and UP message ASAP, then summarize first object works, if (device 01) turn off-on sends me only first downs and up massages, but during 60 minutes if other device (02-03-04-05) turn off i don't receive message ,but its important for me to get notification if the died.

notifications prtg sensors summarization template

Created on Dec 3, 2018 8:20:56 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Rodona,

You need to select the option, "Always notify ASAP, never summarize".

This will email you everytime something happens with anything associated to this notification template.

Does this make sense?

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Dec 3, 2018 4:07:05 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

nope. during 60 minutes i dont want to get same devices notifications,maybe they died or reviving to many times.

Created on Dec 4, 2018 5:46:12 AM

Votes:

For that, you would need to put the device in maintenance mode or pause it.

There is a link to do this directly from the email you are sent by PRTG. Past that, the only way you could automate this would be to setup a Notification Template that emails you, and also kicks off a PRTG HTTP API call to pause the sensor for 60 minutes.

Does this make sense?

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Dec 4, 2018 5:09:53 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.