What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

"No Security Center Products available"

Votes:

Have several workstations both Win7 and Win10 being monitored by PRTG on Domain Network. Most running WebRoot or Security Essentials or Defender. I am unable to add the same WMI Security Center sensor to one particular Win 10 Box running WebRoot.

I initially thought it was a WMI security issue but have loaded the "WMI Tester" on the probe device and have proven I can access the WMI service remotely with the credentials used by PRTG probe.

The WMI Tests did show that on this particular workstation a query against root\SecurityCenter2 returns the products I expect to find and a query against root\SecurityCenter shows no products.

All of these workstations are on a Domain with GPOs to allow PRTG through t he local firewall. This seems to be proven to be correct given that I can use WinTester from the PRTG probe with the same credentials and get results. So I am confident it isn't an WMI access issue.

Does PRTG check against all of the possible WMI namespaces or does it try to determine which one to use based on the properties of the workstation? If this is the case then perhaps it is using root\SecuityCenter and not root\SecurityCenter2 to determine which AV products are installed.

Please advise. thanks

antivirus security-center wmi

Created on Dec 7, 2018 3:54:34 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Could you please send us some more details:

1) What exact queries in the WMI Tester do you use?

2) What is the exact error message in the sensor? Or is it just "No Security Center Products available"?

Created on Dec 10, 2018 8:51:51 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.