What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HP Proliant/WBEM/Insight Agents on Hyper-V 2016.

Votes:

Hi,

I have just clean installed an HP ML350p G8 with Server 2016 Hyper-V, which was previously 2008 R2. I was using PRTG to monitor the HP hardware when running 2008 R2 as HP Insight Management Agents and WBEM were installed.

I have just installed these two components again (compatible for 2016), but struggling to get SNMP working. When using PRTG's SNMP tester and trying to read uptime, the error I get is "No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)"

The firewall is off and routing is working and connectivity is fine. I have added two "HP Proliant System Health" sensors; one targeted at ILO, one targeted to the OS. Both report the same error above.

ILO is configured to use "Agentless Managment" (the rest of the ILO/SNMP setup is default.

What am I missing here. The SNMP service on the server is started. Do I need specifically set read permissions somewhere - I vaguely remember doing this for other systems, but none of the PRTG documentation or KB discussions mention this.

Thanks in advance.

hp-proliant-health snmp wbem

Created on Dec 8, 2018 12:49:40 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

Please note that you need to enable SNMP in the HP Insight Management interface. If you have already installed this agent and enabled SNMP there, please double check the used SNMP credentials.

Take a look at this link to install the HP Insight Management.

This Sensor manual also provides good information about the requirements here.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 13, 2018 1:53:06 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.