What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI sensors not receiving any data

Votes:

Hello,

Guided by the answer on the following page: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/1043-my-wmi-sensors-don-t-work-what-can-i-do

I tried to setup a WMI connection on PRTG.

steps taken:

1) windows firewall is not activated on probe and target

2) DCOM enabled on probe and target

3) administrator user used

4) port 135 opened and range 49152-49252 opened

5) range defined in connect-oriented TCP/IP menu

6) RPC service running

The setup we have is that all ports need to be whitelisted, are there any ports missing that are needed for the setup? At this moment only ping shows up when an auto-discover is run.

auto-discover data sensors wmi

Created on Dec 12, 2018 8:12:57 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

What happens when you try to add a WMI Free Disk sensor manually to the device in PRTG for example? Sometimes it can make a huge difference whether you query the device by ip or its hostname/fqdn, try all variants.

Also try with our WMI Tester. On this page you find a few examples of the queries from some of the WMI sensors. On tab "Advanced" in WMI Tester when selecting option "Custom" you can run those particular queries then.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Dec 12, 2018 2:42:15 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Erhard,

Thanks for the fast reply!

The WMI tester gives in certain cases (OS & Processes) feedback back but with adding a manual check you receive a timeout. Also the WMI tester does not give feedback on the last four advanced checks.

Pieter

Created on Dec 12, 2018 3:36:07 PM

Votes:

Hi Pieter,

Please send us logs using "Setup | Contact Support" in PRTG, then we'll see form there what we can do. Mention this thread when you open the ticket, it will be addressed to me then to further work on it.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Dec 13, 2018 3:13:01 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

What was the solution of this problem?

Because I have the same issue.

Best,

Marjolein

Created on Nov 25, 2019 12:23:17 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

It has to be investigated individually, as there are several things that could lead to this, therefor please open a ticket using "Setup | Contact Support" in PRTG.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Nov 25, 2019 2:13:40 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.