I'm a completely newbie about PRTG monitoring and I'm facing a big, at least for me, problem while trying to setup a monitor for physical disks installed into a QNAP nas.
The configuration is the following:
- the QNAP does have two ip addresses, let's say 172.16.1.1 and 172.16.1.2, connected through iSCSI to a backup server
- the server does have three ip addresses, let's say 172.16.1.3 and 172.16.1.4 (for the connection to the nas) and 10.0.10.1 (for the connection to the lan)
- the core server, where I have installed PRTG, is on a completely different lan (let's say 192.168.25.40)
- the QNAP see only the addresses on the 172.16.1.x network, he can't reach in any way the 10.x.x.x or the 192.x.x.x networks
- I have installed the remote probe on the backup server
- I have installed the tester on the backup server and tested the SMNP replies from the nas, using the Walk option with 18.104.22.168 as parameter, and the nas sent all the data
- when I try to add a sensor for the physical disks, working on both the core server and the backup server, I get the error "SNMPERR_BAD_SENDTO (SNMP error # -12)"
Am I missing something in the configuration?
Thank you in advance.