What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change related background color

Votes:

Hi,

Since the new update (we haven't updated in 6 months) the color scheme have changed. Great but I would love to change the colors but I simply cannot do this. I have read countless of forums but they are all outdated.

I want to change the "Name and status (sizeable, status-related background)" to a different color when it's green.

I have seen that the div object is MAP_OBJECT and I have noticed that you can fill in your own custom css in the file "styles_custom_v2.css"

Can someone just tell me what I need to fill in there to change the color? Things I've tried so far:

.map_object.map_iconcolor_hasgreen { background-color: #fff; }

That's it... My css isn't that great :)

Thanks,

Eddie

color css map

Created on Dec 18, 2018 3:09:03 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Your above CSS Code should already work. Have you restarted the PRTG Core Server Service after the change? Please note that we cache most web-files in the most recent release to improve the performance a bit and to avoid unnecessary disk accesses.

Best regards.

Created on Dec 19, 2018 7:18:53 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz,

Thanks for the reply.

I have added the above CSS code in the style_custom_v2.css. I don't know if that is the correct css file I need to edit. I assume it is.

After restarting the PRTG Core Server Service the color did not change. I also went to the map in incognito mode just to make sure there is no caching involved but the color has not changed.

Is there something that I am missing?

Engin

Created on Dec 19, 2018 9:09:28 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please try the following within the "styles_custom_v2.css":

.map_object.map_iconcolor_hasgreen { background-color: #fff !important; }

Note the !important to overwrite all other rules.

Best regards.

Created on Dec 20, 2018 10:05:29 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz,

Unfortunately it's not doing what I want it to do.

I have added the !important at the end... I have copied your css line... I have restarted the core service... everything... the color does not change...

I am now not sure if the ID .map_object.map_iconcolor_hasgreen is correct.

https://postimg.cc/McXtxv7F screenshot

Thanks for the help... much appreciated.

Eddy.

Created on Dec 20, 2018 10:35:33 AM

Last change on Dec 20, 2018 11:15:07 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

I have added the same on my site to the "styles_custom_v2.css", it is working. Maybe your browser cache is the issue here. Could you open the webinterface/map in a different browser?

Best regards.

Created on Dec 20, 2018 11:15:48 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi all,
I need something similar to this. The solution above alredy wors for me, but it as a big downside. If I use the code above, the backgroundcolor is green as long as there is one single sensor with a state of green within the underlying object beeing monitored. I want the background to be green ist all sensors are either in a state of green or blue. If the is at least one sensor with any different state, say yellow or red, the background should change to that colour.

I belive I need to change the
iconcolor_hasgreen
part to something like

iconcolor_hasnored map_iconcolor_hasnopartialred map_iconcolor_hasnoack map_iconcolor_hasnoyellow map_iconcolor_hasnoorange map_iconcolor_hasnoblack map_iconcolor_hasblue map_iconcolor_hasgreen

but the code above does not work. Please, can anyone help out here?

Regards,
Bernd

Created on May 12, 2021 12:35:51 PM

Votes:

Hello Bernd,

The above code is for changing the color of a map object that shows a single sensor. So there are no conditions that you can apply here (like: if all sensors are green show green).

I would suggest that you create a Business Process sensor, which monitors the state of other sensors. In it you can set a condition for how many sensors should be in Up (green) state in order for the sensor to show the Up state.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on May 13, 2021 1:52:07 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.