What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

API Error Code

Votes:

I'm attempting to clone a device from one group into a new group using the API. I have confirmed that my parameters look correct, but I'm getting the following response:

error: missing schema code: -1002

It comes along with a redirect and the ID in the redirected URL is indeed the cloned object - it seems to have worked. Can you shed some light on what the error code is telling me?

api error schema

Created on Dec 19, 2018 12:30:25 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Please share the exact URL you have used and the installed PRTG version so we can try to reproduce this in our side.

Also have you executed this call within a browser or from a script (e.g. PowerShell).

Best regards.

Created on Dec 19, 2018 6:58:26 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.