What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring SNMP on remote cluster probe

Votes:

I think Im asking a stupid questions here so please forgive me in advance...

I want to monitor SNMP sensors on my remote cluster probe, do I have to port forward the SNMP port for all the devices I want to monitor remotely so that they are all accessible remotely?

If so I’m not really sure that’s viable, does anyone have a better way of doing this?

Thanks

cluster remote snmp

Created on Dec 19, 2018 9:43:29 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dan,

The failover probe in a cluster does not have independent monitoring capabilities. It is directed what to monitor from the cluster master. So asking it to monitor other sensors isn't an option at this time.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Dec 19, 2018 8:34:04 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.