What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Nexus 7000 switches , SFP Detail Diagnostics Information Tx Rx Power data

Votes:

hello i have a Nexus 7000 switches added on PRTG, when i added Cisco health sensor it did not find nothing about: SFP Detail Diagnostics Information Tx , Rx Power data .

i find CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB but nothing detail how to build custom sensor

Can someone help to find correct OID's for polling SFP Tx , Rx Power on Nexus OS ?

health-sensor nexus-7000-series polling sfp

Created on Jan 2, 2019 12:32:06 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

The Cisco System Health sensor is actually based on metrics defined in the CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB and I'm not sure the metrics you're after are defined in this MIB. If in doubt about finding the correct OID, contacting the vendor (Cisco in this case), is usually the best option.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jan 2, 2019 2:36:58 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

entSensorType 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.91.1.1.1.1.1 This variable indicates the type of data reported by the entSensorValue. This variable is set by the agent at start-up and the value does not change during operation.

entSensorValue 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.91.1.1.1.1.4 This variable reports the most recent measurement seen by the sensor. To correctly display or interpret this variable's value, you must also know entSensorType, entSensorScale, and entSensorPrecision. However, you can compare entSensorValue with the threshold values given in entSensorThresholdTable without any semantic knowledge.

there is Oids but when i am testing via tool it returns values with Raw number , nothing seems to be Optical Rx,Tx Power...

Created on Jan 2, 2019 4:26:44 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Yes, it looks very much like those metrics are not defined in the MIB. I would recommend to contact Cisco if there are maybe other OIDs for what you're looking for.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jan 3, 2019 1:06:06 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.