What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Search SysLog messages

Votes:

Hello, I have set up SysLog to receive messages from my Cisco router using the default configuration, and I can see the messages in the Overview tab. Apparently my router crashed on 31 December at 4:00 pm, and I am looking for the Messages for that time. I am not seeing any practical way to view message content for that time. If I use the Overview or Messages tab, I end up seemingly forever clicking the right arrow forever moving back a very short period amount of time. If I use the Historic Data tap and filter, I don't have the message content. Is their a easy way for me to look at past messages? Thanks

cisco-router syslog syslog-sensor

Created on Jan 2, 2019 3:15:27 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

You can filter those messages by clicking on the top right Show Filters in the Messages tab. There you can select a specific time span and other filter options.

Please let us know if this fits your requirements.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 3, 2019 1:09:48 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.