What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification based on device priority

Votes:

We want to configure the notifications in our environment based on the device priority. We want to be able to set for example an E-Mail and push notification for priority 5 Servers and only an E-Mail notification for priority 3 Servers.

I know it is possible to create a library based on the sensor priority but then we have to set the priority of nearly 1000 sensors manually.

Do you know a solution how we could configure this?

devices notifications priority prtg

Created on Jan 7, 2019 8:41:28 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Kai,

thank you for the KB-Post. The library approach is still a sensible one. Consider switching from priority to Tags though. Because you can set a tag on device or group level, and sensors will inherit it automatically.
And then the sensors will be added into according Libraries automatically too (or removed from, in case a server isn't high priority anymore).

Would that work for you?

best regards

Created on Jan 7, 2019 12:19:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Torsten,

thank you very much for that solution. That works fine!

Created on Jan 7, 2019 3:27:10 PM

Votes:

Hello again,

If I make a library with all sensors with a specified tag there is a hint that it affects max. 1000 sensors. Is it possible to extend this maximumß

Created on Jan 17, 2019 10:19:00 AM

Votes:

I'm very much afraid this limit cannot be changed.

Created on Jan 17, 2019 1:43:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.