What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

F5 Loadbalancer and Checkpoint not able to monitor snmp traffic

Votes:

I configured the F5 Load balancer and F5 checkpoint in the PRTG. Currently we are using PRTG version 18.4.46.1754 x64. The SNMP configuration is done on the both F5 devices still it shows the error message like "No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)". We are cross check the snmp setting of the device which is correct but still the error is occuring. We are using SNMP version v2c. Is the F5 device does not support the SNMP traffic in PRTG??? What can be the cause for this issue?

f5-device prtg snmp

Created on Jan 8, 2019 1:49:39 PM

Last change on Jan 8, 2019 1:56:48 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Did you try the SNMP test tool from Paessler?

https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester

Seems like a general SNMP configuration issue for me right now. I would test this right on the PRTG server - so you work with the same IP etc...

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Jan 8, 2019 2:58:27 PM

Votes:

Yes. I used the SNMP test tool which is provided by Paessler but its shows the same error message like "No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)".

Created on Jan 9, 2019 5:59:02 AM

Votes:

Hi Ashwini,

I can only repeat what Florian already stated. As long as you get error 2003 in the tester, this means the target either cannot be reached or the used SNMP settings do not match (SNMP version, community string). Some devices also can be configured to respond to SNMP queries only when coming from particular hosts, in this case you need to make sure that the IP of PRTG or the regarding Remote Probe is configured there.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jan 9, 2019 7:50:47 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is any specific SNMP configuration setting required for the F5 Device apart from the Community String,access,snmp version???

Created on Jan 10, 2019 12:01:03 PM

Votes:

Hello Ashwini,

Not that I am aware of, please check with F5 support for further investigation.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jan 10, 2019 12:13:32 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.