What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Measure O365 page load times

Votes:

Hi,

we want to measure the page load time of different O365 web-pages. For example we want to know what time it takes to load a specific sharepoint page.

We tried to accomplish this via a powershell skript, but as O365 does not allow HTTP Authentication, all we get is the redirect to the login page (login.microsoftonline.com).

I´ve found different articles how to authenticate to a O365 powershell. But what I need is to authenticate to the webservice. Can anyone help with that? Maybe somewhere a custom PRTG sensor exists for that purpose but I wasn´t able to find one.

Best regards, theNETguy

office365 powershell prtg

Created on Jan 9, 2019 3:57:24 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello theNetguy,

thank you for the KB-Post. I'm afraid we ourselves don't have any sensors/scripts to do O365 monitoring, but we've got an entry in the Scriptworld:
https://github.com/debold/PRTG-O365Monitoring

Did you try this already?

best regards.

Created on Jan 10, 2019 11:07:55 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 10, 2019 11:08:03 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes I already came across that sensor/script and it pretty cool to monitor service status.

But what we want to do is to monitor the response time of specific pages in order to see how fast those pages are delivered to the end user. Usually that is a very easy task with the http sensors of PRTG. The only problem is the authentication towards O365 because we cannot use HTTP Auth.

thanks for your reply.

best regards

Created on Jan 10, 2019 1:22:59 PM

Votes:

Sorry, I meant more to use the script there and build from its connection part to achieve your goal.

Created on Jan 10, 2019 2:42:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 10, 2019 2:42:46 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.