What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Maps don't save

Votes:

Hi, I have PRTG#1000 v. 18.4.47.1962 and I want to create simple map with Channels and with 2 sensors. When I add channels and sensors in Map Designer I switched to View Map and map is empty. The same when I try to view map on IE, FF or Chrome.

map-designer map-objects maps

Created on Jan 11, 2019 9:34:49 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Try creating the map using a browser like Chrome. Does it happen then as well? If so, please send us logs using "Setup | Contact Support" in PRTG for further investigation.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jan 11, 2019 9:41:27 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Erhard - oh! Thank You. On Chrome works fine. Added some channels and sensors and map display correctly. Have to check once again my Chrome.

So if I want to add some maps should I use Chrome only?

Created on Jan 11, 2019 9:51:33 AM

Votes:

Chrome & Firefox usually work fine and are recommended. What did you use initially? Enterprise Console or Internet Explorer to create the map?

Created on Jan 11, 2019 10:00:24 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I use Enterprise Console at first and map was created but when switch to View Map map shows nothing. So I switch to IE and FF and the same. Try to use Chrome and the same. Restart PC and once again try Chrome and maps show.

Now I have to test IE na FF.

Created on Jan 11, 2019 10:20:39 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.