What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IPMI System Health BETA Sensor not working?

Votes:

Hi Support,

we have here some new intel servers. We configured the BMC (version 1.74.ee93402a) and can access it with a web browser and see all sensors for the hardware.

Now i would like to see these sensors in PRTG with the IPMI sensor and set some alarms.

But when i add the sensor, i get a window where i need to type in the user and password for the BMC and then i get an error:

An unknown error orccured. The Sensor did not return an errormessage. (code:PE127)

What is wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards Matt

intel ipmi prtg

Created on Jan 11, 2019 11:33:08 AM

8 Replies

Votes:

Matt,

What kind of servers are these? I know these sensors are Beta, and might have some conflict. I'll ask my dev team about this error, and the version of BMC you are running.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Jan 14, 2019 8:34:37 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi Benjamin,

it is the following hardware:

Intel S2600BPB

These are serverboards in a blade like chassie.

Best regards Matt

Created on Jan 17, 2019 11:51:23 AM

Votes:

Matt,

Do you know if you are using IPMI 2.0 with the BMC? Our sensors are not ready for IPMI 2.0.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Jan 17, 2019 10:37:32 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi Benjamin,

don't know, but i think it is IPMI 2.0.

Will the compatibility of IPMI 2.0 be implemented in your sensors in the near future? Because IPMI 2.0 isn't that "new", so i am wondering a little bit.

Thanks.

Best regards Matt

Created on Jan 18, 2019 6:33:46 AM

Votes:

Matthew,

Yes, we have an open bug tracker to overhaul our IPMI sensors. I don't have an ETA on this, but I've linked this KB to the bug. You can reply to this KB for an update. Once this is completed, I will update the KB with that information, and the version of PRTG containing the update.

Thanks!

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Jan 18, 2019 5:25:52 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Perfect! Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Created on Jan 21, 2019 6:57:15 AM

Votes:

Hello,

are there any news to this thread?

I was just setting up a IPMI Sensor (it's v. 2.0) and it didn't worked. Manual running the ipmiutil.exe tool gives good output

ipmiutil ver 2.96 ihealth ver 2.96 Connecting to node 172.16.10.68 BMC manufacturer = 000157 (Intel), product = 0048 (S1200BT) BMC version = 1.21.11202 (Boot 0.3), IPMI v2.0 IPMI driver type = 6 (lan) Power State = 20 (legacy on) Selftest status = 0055 (OK) Chassis Status = 21 00 40 70 (on, see below) chassis_power = on pwr_restore_policy = last_state chassis_intrusion = inactive front_panel_lockout = inactive drive_fault = false cooling_fan_fault = false FP diag_button_disable = allowed, button enabled FP reset_button_disable = allowed, button enabled FP power_button_disable = allowed, button enabled Power On Hours = 53866 hours (2244 days) BMC LAN Channels = 1 3 Chan 1 AuthTypes = MD5 Straight_Passwd Chan 1 Status = 06, OEM ID 000000 OEM Aux 00 ipmiutil health, completed successfully

After entering credentials for the BMC I get this message: Could not create the sensor IPMI System Health BETA on device

Am I missing something or isn't there a update yet?

Regards abat IT-Services

Created on Oct 9, 2019 8:02:50 AM

Last change on Oct 9, 2019 8:02:50 AM

Votes:

Hello,

At this time, we are still working on this. I show it's not a top priority at this time. But we still have an open case with our dev team for this.

Sorry I didn't have better news for you.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Oct 10, 2019 7:29:39 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.