What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

API - Group property - full subnet auto-discovery and sensor creation

Votes:

Hi all.

Here is a usecase I would like to solve programmatically.

I have a long list of locations, each with a dedicated subnet used for network devices. For each location, I would like to have a named subgroup, set the group type to auto-discovery, and define it's subnet address/mask.

This way, I could populate the whole infrastructure with corresponding sensors using only location name + subnet/mask.

I have tried to solve this by using https://github.com/lordmilko/PrtgAPI, but haven't found a way to set subnet/mask property on a group.

automation prtg-api prtgapi script

Created on Jan 17, 2019 3:39:33 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

I'm afraid that the PRTG API does not offer that functionality in the current version. Maybe other users found a solution using Lord Milko's API and share their solution here.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 18, 2019 10:58:59 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.