What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Webserver not responding to changes

Votes:

Hi,

We have an issue with the webservice not picking up changes. We have reports that get uploaded to the PRTG server in "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\public\". Sensors read out these reports (htm files) and report for example if a keyword is found. These reports run either daily or hourly, but changes are not reflected in the sensors. When opening the htm file directly the changes are visible, so the report is good. When opening the report using the url, for example "https://prtg01/public/dailystatusreport.htm", the changes are not visible. Also when I delete a report from the public folder, it is still accessible. The only thing that works is restarting the core and probe service, but this of course updates it only once. I did recently update to 18.4.47.1962, but I cannot be sure if this issue was caused by the update. The sensors were green all this time and I assumed all was fine. Any ideas why changes are not reflected in the reports when accessing them by their URL? Thanks in advance.

prtg webserver

Created on Jan 22, 2019 3:24:44 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

We do not recommend to use the webserver of PRTG for these tasks. The simple explanation for the behaivior that is described above is that PRTG caches all webserver files to save resources and read/writes on the Core Server.
Therefore please consider to run an additional IIS Server (on a different port) to host your files.

Best regards.

Created on Jan 23, 2019 11:05:26 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.