What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable notification during night

Votes:

Hi,

We would like to disable notifications during night time, and I found a way to do this with a schedules on the notification template.

What I want (and I guess most people want?) is notification(s) with the sensors still in Error state. (I dont want to know about sensors that has been in Error state, but are now back in normal)

Which of the options should I choose?

No: Discard all notifications that are triggered while the notification is paused.

Yes: Collect all notifications that are triggered while the notification is paused. Send out all these notifications once the Paused status ends.

notifications prtg schedule

Created on Jan 23, 2019 12:10:22 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

If you choose "Yes", you will be getting all notifications that were triggered while the template was paused, no matter whether or not the regarding sensors are still down or up.

If you like to get notifications for sensors that are still down after pausing has ended, make sure the state triggers you have in place, have an escalation configured, basically that's the second line in a state trigger, where you can set it to send a notification when the sensor is still down after x seconds and also to repeatedly send it.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jan 24, 2019 10:58:50 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 24, 2019 10:59:35 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.