What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor scaling

Votes:

Hi,

I am trying to find out if there is a way to set the maximum value on the speed dial sensor. As an example in the link, I have a sensor monitoring the time it takes to open a web page, at some point the time it took went from 3sec to over 50sec. The sensor now keeps the max value and makes it hard to see the threshold values. Changing the access scaling doesn't help/

https://imgur.com/iH9zeyu

Any ideas ? Thanks,

map-objects sensors thresholds

Created on Jan 27, 2019 9:52:15 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear stheologo,

the gauge scaling is done automatically by PRTG. You can change it indirectly with filtering the 50 sec value out, using the spike filter. That of course means that value is no longer shown at all (neither in graphs, tables, nor gauges.)

However the value is not actually deleted, if you remove the spike filter, you see that 50 sec value again.

Created on Jan 28, 2019 12:32:15 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, I was hoping there was a way to do it without "trimming" the spikes in the graphs

Created on Jan 30, 2019 7:40:49 PM

Votes:

There is no such option, I am sorry. In order to keep the interface clear, PRTG does as much as possible automatically. There are some cases where this approach is not optimal, but as a whole, the user benefits from a clean interface without having to configure anything.

Created on Jan 31, 2019 1:34:21 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.