What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

JMX Mini-probe : Configuring Custom MBean Attributes Sensor

Votes:

Hi,

Maybe my question is obvious for lots of you, but after reading PRTG documentation and forums about JMX I was not able to find an answer. I need to monitor specific attributes available through JMX. For this purpose I plan to define a Custom MBean Attributes Sensor. This sensor has to retrieve the value of a queue size (counter).

I found no example on how to setup the sensor, more exactly how and where to define the way to reach this JMX attribute using its name. I also go to GitHub to see if documentation where attached, but found nothing too. Is it possible for some of you to share the steps to follow ? Or at least :

• confirm JMX mini-probe supports, through the Custome MBean sensor the access to specific attributes in an application
  • if you have already done that
  • clarify the steps/requirements/contraints/limitations you are aware of about this Up to now, I am completely stuck on Customer Mbean sensor settings :-(

Thanks a lot for your support. Best regards,

Olivier

access attribute custom jmx mbean

Created on Jan 29, 2019 3:07:05 PM

Last change on Jan 30, 2019 11:10:52 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.